Sunday, September 27, 2009

Friday

I awoke in Carleton's living room. Another day without a dream. As the day progressed Carelton had plans to go and talk with his manager at work in Beverly Hills. So with no plans except possibly heading down to pick up my paycheck and deposit it, I decided to tag along.
On the drive we listened to some music as we always do. Singing and having a genuinely good time driving through Los Angeles. On the freeway Carleton explained some of his new inspirations to me about one of his screenplays. He was very passionate about the explanation. He painted some really cool pictures of what he wants the movie to be. My excitement for the project grows every time he mentions it. As we entered Hollywood we put the music back on and sang and rocked out to some great songs. People were having a good time watching us dance and sing in the car as we drove down Santa Monica Blvd. We got his work not long after that. He went to the back of the store and spoke with his manager while I waited at the front. The sights of Beverly Hills during the day are something to behold. The women are beautiful to the point of near bewilderment. Time passed by very quickly as I took in the individual vistas of femininity. Carleton walked back out to where I was when he was through. We headed outside and he stopped mid step and told me we needed to go and check out my future birthday present. So we walked up a block to an art store. Neal Young, I believe it was. Carleton pointed out the giant picture of James Dean, that he was thinking of getting for me. Because I love James Dean quite a great deal. We walked up to the picture to see the price, but none was visible. Which i have come to know can only mean one thing. Expensive! We walked over to the desk of the lady working in the store and for shits and giggles, inquired about the price. Can you guess how much this 3foot by 2foot print out of a famous James Dean picture was?
Go ahead.
Okay, give up
$250,000.00 dollars. Hah! I guess if you look closely at the picture, its covered in diamond dust. I was immediately perplexed. What purpose does having a picture covered in diamond dust serve? I'll tell you, none. Pure unabashed unnecessary frivolousness. We kept asking questions as to not seem like cheap skates waltzing into a place unbeknownst of its pricey extravagance. Which is exactly what we had done. We filled out some cards in order to receive an invite to a Beverly Hills posh opening/presentation of this guys next collection. Then we were off. On the drive back, I received a call from my good friend DeSean. Inviting me to hang out later for a night of videogames. I then invited Carleton because the two of them had yet to meet. We headed back to North Hollywood to jump online and catch up with the world. I found I had a perspective Audition for the day. Then we watched Supernatural and DAMN was it good. This season is shaping up to be fantastic and mind blowing. We went back to drop of his sister Kia's computer then headed downtown to meet up with DeSean.
It was a great time. Rarely do two of my friends from different circles get along when i introduce them but this was an exception to a long history of failed attempts. We got right to joking and laughing and taking about the craft. It was funny to see how taken aback Carleton was by the sight of DeSeans place, same as I first was. We went to the grocery store and encountered a young cashier named Bridget who was quite disarming and slightly insulting which we all laughed about. Then headed back to DeSeans for screwdrivers and Potatoes and Chicken. I ate until I was full which I rarely get the chance to do. Played some videogames and then we went to an art gallery. The theme was Heaven and Hell. It was kinda weird, there were sigil's and names that stuck out because I am writing a story based in biblical myth. We left shortly after arriving and then Carleton headed home. Then I played more video games then Desean went to sleep. then I played more videogames, then I went to sleep. All in all, a successful day.

No comments: