Sunday, September 27, 2009

Saturday

I rejoined the world of the awake to find that once again. I had no recollection of a dream. I was in DeSean's living room. I got up and brushed my teeth with my trusty toothbrush, which I keep in my backpack for the likelihood of not being at home when I wake. I put on my shoes and headed out to work.
Upon arrival at work I realized that there was a Grammy museum event going on. One that I had yet to be briefed on. As well as the rest of the staff. I was kind of a complete mess. Tracey, the lady in charge of the event just sat and waited for me to point people out and then spoke to me like a child when I did. She's one pious doll at times. Anyway, the rest of the day at work was rather busy. Which is good for tips and hourly. I was there until almost 3 o'clock. After I clocked out, I picked up my tips and my check. $12.00 dollars in tips, which means a couple days of train fair and $288.02 on my check, which meant I would have enough money to pay my deposit and then a hand full of money left to put toward utilities, or toiletries and a copy of the apartment key.
I walked to the Chase bank up the street. Knowing it was almost 4 o' clock on a Saturday, I figured the bank was closed and decided to deposit my check via the ATM. I checked my balance and found that I was missing roughly $200.00 dollars in my savings account. This made me immediately unhappy. I decided not to deposit the check and stormed into the bank which was, as it turns out, open. Guess who was sitting there at the first desk. Jose, the corpulent Douche bag that got me into this financial mess within a month of opening an account. I sat down and began to discuss with him finally the situation involving tons of overdraft fees that should have been handled by the over draft protection service he claimed to set up for me. He was joined by another two faced bank employee who I had spoken to prior, in his stead. The two of them sat down and basically told me to fuck myself. Jose openly denied in front of me ever having had a conversation about overdraft protection. Which his manager, the lady I had spoken to prior, who had promised to allay the fees and just have me pay what I would owe, then looked me in the face and told me that there was nothing that she could do now. I wanted to kill them both, it would have felt good too. I decided to instead, plead my case. I explained to them what I had been told and how, as they knew, I had been jerked around by the bank for two weeks with promises of a solution. I even went as far as to explain why I had stomached their unfeeling delays. How I needed the money to pay the deposit on my new apartment. To which they were blase' and unmoved. They basically responded with a fuck you, sir. So, left with no option but to deposit the check I had in order to have some form of money to through at the deposit. I went and waited in line to make the deposit. Made it and was preparing to leave the bank. I got out the door and punched the marble building before heading back inside. It struck me that I still had money to deposit. My tips, well $10.00 dollars of the twelve, because I needed at least $2.00 dollars to get home. So I deposited the $10.00 and left and punched the marble building again. I made a round of phone calls canceling my plans for the day because I wouldn't be able to afford the train to and from the three locations I needed to go to. I missed two auditions as a result. I got on the train and headed home.
It wasn't until I got home that I realized I hadn't gotten my shift meal at work. Which would have been my only meal for the day. This also added to my frustrations. I got home and decided to try and submit for more auditions for the coming week in order to make up for the missed auditions of the day. I posted a frustrated comment on Facebook. Then I began brainstorming how I would raise the rest of the money I needed to cover my deposit. The answer came pretty quick, it was he only thing I could do to raise the money, something that I had thought I wouldn't have to do again. In this world I have but one material possession, that of my DVD collection. I covet my DVD's and treat them like children. I realized I would have to go through once again detach myself from them and sell them. Sunday is going to be a tough day. I am going to have to sort through and decide what to let go of. Then I will have to risk taking the train without fare, from Pasadena all the way to Hollywood. To the only video store that I know of which buys DVD's. 20/20 video on Labrea and Sunset.
Lets not end this on a negative note. I checked my email later and found that I had landed the Lead role in the student film I auditioned for on Thursday. So Thats positive. A fitting end to an otherwise shit storm Saturday.

No comments: