Monday, September 21, 2009

Magical night.

So clearly I wasn't able to post anything on Saturday as I wasn't able to get online. Saturday was an absolutely great and wonderful day. I had work in the morning and then tried to get to North Hollywood via the train for an audition for a Martial Arts film. Needless to say, I didn't make it. Seems to be becoming a trend which I need to put an abrupt end to. Anywho, I met up with my friend Alex who was able to make it the audition and we chatted, then he headed off to work. I made a call to our future roommate and to see if the place which we submitted applications to earlier last week had gotten back to us on our credit status. They had not.
By this time it was only 2pm and I had nothing to do until 7pm. So i made some phone calls and got in touch with my friend Erik, he was running some errands at home and told me he would call when he was done. I made my way to Starbucks and read "A Director Prepares." Its a wonderful and insightful book on the art of directing and creation of art. I highly recommend it to any director, actor or artist of any kind. I spent a couple hours reading and writing down quotes from the book along with ideas for stories that came to me as i read. Shortly there after my friend Erik arrived and wanted to write down a script for a short scketch we came up with a while back. Then a few more hours past until i had to get ready for my plans that night. I went to the bathroom and changed before we headed out to where I was meeting my friend for dinner. He left.
My friend and I had dinner and discussed things. We went to an event and then drove around Pasadena. It was somewhat magical. Pasadena is a beautiful place.

No comments: