Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Monday, Glorious Monday

Today I awoke at Carleton's. No dream. I got up because I kinda slept through my alarm. I headed out to the train and made my way to work. The weather seems to finally be cooling down. It was so nice to feel the fall air.
Work was actually rather good. It was busy especially for a Monday. There was a brown-out for at least ten minutes. So some guests walked out, then the sirens came on as they do. A good deal of the people, thankfully stayed. Then the rush came and lasted for a good hour. 126 covers is pretty damn good for a solo, Monday shift. Tips will hopefully reflect that. I worked until 2pm. Then it was off to the bank. Today's task was a joyous one.
I arrived at the bank and got in line. Now whenever I enter the bank I am going to take that opportunity to be a Douche bag. It's the only opportunity I really get. They don't give a care about me, I'm not going to show them courtesy the don't deserve. As I stood waiting in line, guess who walks up? Jose, the liar Douche bag creator extraordinaire! He then had the gall to ask me "How are you doing?" I was initially floored by his audacity, but promptly responded "Super." in the ugliest and most hateful condescending tone. To which he immediately realized my attitude towards him. He broke eye contact and shut his ugly mouth. I then walked up to the teller and stated that I needed to empty my savings. She was also a bitch because she saw me being a bitch to Jose. I got my money and walked out, no words. It felt good! I walked to the train feeling all kinds of false power. As I went down the escalator these to women were walking seemingly towards the other escalator, but decided to stop right in front of the descending escalator. I without hesitation exclaimed "That's a good place to stop, you fat fucking bitches!"
It just came out of me without restraint. I realized that I was still upset and feeling Douchey from the bank. I quickly snapped out of it. Though I must admit that, sadly, it felt good.
I headed to Hollywood and Vine. From there I got off the train and headed to the location of my new apartment. I waited there and met with the manager, who told me that the carpets in our unit needed to be replaced, so we won't be able to move in until the 1st of October. Which wasn't horrible news, I just would have preferred to start the moving process Tuesday rather than Thursday. Alex and Christine showed up and we checked out the unit. Then we came back down stairs and signed the lease and payed the deposit and the half off of the first months rent. We got our keys and that was it. We went to MacDonald's to celebrate because after paying a total of $1950.00 between us, it was all we could afford. Alex bought my first burger, then i bought a round of burgers, then Alex bought a round of Sundaes. We then got on the train to go and make a copy of the apartment key in Los Feliz. The store was closed but we had fun just hanging out nonetheless. We all went our separate ways home and that was that.
I got home and mailed an email to the director of the film that I just booked, letting her know that I had no phone. Since the money the bank stole from me kept me from paying my phone bill. Within the hour she responded saying it was okay and also sending me the first part of the revised script. It's good stuff! I am excited for the role and rehearsal this week. I also got an email from another project I auditioned for asking "If I wasn't cast as the lead, would I be content with a supporting role." To which I replied yes. So that's another perspective role. Then I have been in contact with yet another director about a third project. Though I have yet to audition for it. We are building a rapport via email. I am detailing my research for the part and he is sharing information about the script and the character. So it's very promising. I have a lot of work ahead of me. I am going to have to put my writing aside again and focus one hundred percent. I am excited. This is my dream and I am freaking living it. It sneaked up on me, but here I am. It's time to shine.

No comments: