Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday

I awoke at home. Once again no dream. I woke up and checked LA Casting more auditions and checked my email. Nothing new in either. So I decided to get ready for my day which meant sorting through my DVD collection and choosing what I wanted to keep and what I was willing to let go. It was a quick process, but by no means easy. I decided to hold onto the things that had and have inspired me from Childhood until now. Like Batman the animated series, Superman the animated series, Cowboy Beebop, Supernatural, my classics and a hand full of more recent films. The rest I neatly packed into a big bag.
I spoke to my roomie, Amber, who it seems caught whatever I had the past week. She was getting to ready to go into work. When she was through, I hopped in the shower and then got ready for my day. I made sure I had everything I would need and set off. I received a call from my good friend Erik who wanted to hang out and run some errands as well.
We met up at Hollywood and Highland. From there the days journey began. We started towards 20/20 video on Sunset and Labrea. We encountered a very strange homeless man on the way who became rather indignant when we told him we didn't have any change. The man responded thus "No change? On SUNDAY!?!" we said "Yeah, sorry." to which he replied again "ON SUNDAY!?!" We both walked away and crossed the street. We reached 20/20 video shortly after that. I went in and set my DVD collection down, they sorted through what I can honestly say was well over a $100.00 dollars in DVD movies, not to mention the other $100.00 in DVD television series sets. They sized up my collection and checked the quality of my babies, the babies which I have taken the greatest care of over the last five years of collecting them. Then they told me they would give me $67.00 dollars for the lot. It was outstanding in its level of insult not only to my collection but to my intelligence. Though they wouldn't give me a dime more. I had no choice but to except. So I walked out of there a little less than empty handed.
After that Erik and I walked to his girlfriend Elizabeths apartment to drop off her keys. Then we headed to Kinko's off of Sunset and Vine. While there we ended up waiting for 30 minutes while the people in front of us were slowly helped. All but one of the many people that came in after us were helped as well. The guy that did end up helping us later seemed to hate his life and the people he dealt with. Though he was actually quite helpful if not a little rude. We left Kinko's and headed to Chase bank.
I had received a call from my good friend and, as of tomorrow, roommate Alex. He said that he wanted to sign the lease Monday morning. I have to work Monday morning so he said to get him the money tonight. I went to Chase and tried withdraw the money but I was only able to get $400.00 out. I would have to get the rest in the morning.
Erik and I then headed to grab something to eat at Baja Fresh. Buy this time I hadn't eaten since Friday night at DeSean's. I spent what extra cash I had from the DVD rape I had incurred earlier to buy some shrimp tacos. Which didn't even put a scratch on the mountain of my hunger. We left Baja Fresh after much discussing and headed to Erik's. I spent the night writing and that brings us to this current moment in which I am typing these very words. I am not going to sleep just yet I am going to do some more research and writing. Then will see.
Today has been somewhat exhausting but I have the funds to pay the deposit tomorrow afternoon. So all is well and grand. Though I now own only 15 DVD's. *sigh

No comments: