Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thursday

Today I woke up and had no recollection of any sort of dream. Which is common for me. I woke and went about my day. I went first to Amber's computer in order to check my LA Casting page. To See if I had any more auditions I needed to line up for the day. There were none. I proceeded to check my email which consequently lead me to Facebook. Whilst on my Facebook page, I felt compelled to add photos to my page. I wanted to find photos of myself from my high school days or "Glory Days" as I refer to them. You see, back then I was built. I was much more fit and focused on fitness. I was buff, ripped, shredded.
In the years between 2000 and 2004, I was at the peak of physical perfection. I spent every waking moment dedicated to improvement. I grew up on Smallville in those days. I wanted to be Tom Welling, moreover I wanted to be Superman. I came to the bleak realization pretty quick That I was mortal and that changed nothing I still sought perfection within myself.
That being said I have wanted to regain my old body for a long time but never have made the necessary steps toward doing so. I felt reconnecting with pictures of my past self would help me do so. The only other source of photos that I have is on myspace. So I logged on and began downloading the photos I could find. While on myspace I received a message from my brother. It seems that myspace now has a facebook messenger of its own. I spent hours catching up, talking to and reminiscing with y brother it was great. So great in fact, that I skipped my first audition of the day to do so. I did so without regret. Because he is number one in my life. After we were finished talking, I took a shower and set out for my second and only audition of the day. I took the train too the LACC, Los Angeles City College and went to their film building. I got there a few hours early and wandered around. I went into the bathroom and practiced my monologue so I would be fresh for my actual audition. I went downstairs and fell in and out of sleep until about thirty minutes before my audition. On my way through the building after waking up. I accidentally came across the actual room in which I was to audition. I sat for three minutes before a nice lady stepped out and asked if I was there for the audition I answered yes and she brought me into the room. I took out my headshot and resume and handed it to the student director. She asked if I waned to do my monologue sitting or standing. I opted for sitting. I had never tried my monologue seated before. I slated to the camera (stated my name and the role I was reading for) and got to it. I gave the second best rendition of my Supernatural monologue that I have ever given. I could feel the room entranced by my words. I had full control of the room which gave me the freedom of pace. I felt incredible. Then when I finished, we discussed in great detail what would be expected of me in the film process. I left on cloud nine, as I always do.
From there, I headed to North Hollywood to meet up with my friend Erik, We met up again at Starbucks and discussed the project we had brainstormed and written some what together. He mainly did all the work. Which I felt good about because he is so passionate about it. His vision for the project is great and I really feel it hits all the points that it should. We then discussed in great detail the project that I am working on. We discussed for a good deal of time all the intricacies and questions that would be asked which was greatly helpful. Then Carleton showed up and we talked about blogs and videos and life. Erik had to head home in order to get some sleep so we all got into Carleton's car and he took Erik to the store then home, but not before we inquire about the filming that was going on on the street. Turned out it was an episode of CSI. After dropping Erik off, Carleton and I headed back to his place. He had to head back to a work function so I hung out with his sister and watched a movie that he said I needed to see. An act for which I will never forgive him.
His sister Kia and I sat through the first half of the worst "movie" ever to find a producer and financing. Its called "The Devils Tomb" and it is by leaps and bound the worst thing in the world. Don't see it, just trust me. It somehow merited the inclusion of actors such as Ray Winstone, Ron Perlman and Taryn Manning. I figure they all owe the director money because it is a mark of shame on the resume of everyone involved with the project. Shame on them. Dirty, Reprehensible shame. Half way through the worst thing ever, my friend Alex showed up and sat in disgusted awe of the abomination that played before us. Carleton showed up and we headed to Big Wangs bar for drinks and Karaoke. I was able to sing Journey's classic "Don't Stop Believing" before nights end. Alex headed home early and Carlton and Kia never got to sing their songs. We headed back to Carletons and had a huge religious discussion brought upon by the details of my current project.
All in all it was a great and eventful Thurdsay.

No comments: